Friday

A letter from an old friend.

Dear Melissa:
We know each other well, better than either of us think. I come around once a year and bring joy to many. Some like my alter ego more, but to be honest I think that's just the seasonal affective disorder speaking. But Melissa, I want to talk to you. I've been with you every year for nineteen years now. I've made you laugh, I've made you cry. I've brought romance and heartache into your life. I've helped you experience the new, and I've burdened you with the old. Together we've made memories that will be absolutely unforgettable. But then, last year rolled around. Our precious time together was the best of both our lives, but unfortunately it wasn't meant to last. The time hit for you to leave me. And you did. You left me just before I was about to leave you, and for that I was hurt. And I may have taken some revenge by asking my alter ego to bring about some terrible driving days during his reign. For that I apologize. But I'm back, and I'm better than ever. I'm ready for new adventures with new friends, for creating new memories and more importantly for being with you again. But the real question is...are you ready?

XOXO,
SUMMER.

1 comment: