Sunday

Today is Easter.

Today, I think I'll post a couple times. To update.
Once finals are over (Thursday at 3:00!) I'll post more often.

Easter is off this year. I woke up alone in my apartment and made
myself pancakes. My mom and my sister Carly are in Alabama visiting my sister Amber and her family (To celebrate the newest addition to the Findeis/Stifflemire clan, Ivy Marie Stifflemire. I'll post about her soon:)). My brother is spending the day with his Fiancees family, and my sister Laura is spending the day with her boyfriends grandparents. So Easter this year will be spent with my Father, Aunt and two cousins. Not that this is a bad thing, just a different sort of thing. A little bit of a
weird day.

Throughout the day this has sorta upset me, because I like the
traditions of a Findeis Family Easter. Including eating too much, searching
for money-filled eggs and giving my niece Adalie full attention as she searches
for eggs. But then I gave it some real thought. Traditions are wonderful, but
not the entirety of the reason for this Holiday. This holiday is intended for
rememberance. For remembering why we're here, and what we need to do to
live the best life. Regardless of personal religious views, I believe that everyone
should live their life to the fullest. Our time on this Earth is limited, and it's too short to live afraid of taking chances or striving to be someone you're not. I'm going through personal life-changes right now. But I'm still striving to be the best Melissa that I can. I can't wait to continue this life knowing that I'm being the best I can.

So today...let's just take the day and forget the materialistic. And forget everything we have to worry about. And forget all the problems, all the tears, all the sorrow of this World and focus on how we can be the best.

-Stay amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment