Wednesday

OHMYGOSH.

Yeah...It's a lot easier to stay focused when I don't have facebook. I keep thinking, "Okay, I'll take a break and check facebook...oh yeah. I deactivated it. Okay, I'll just keep studying instead." Turning off my phone has helped too.

Okay, let's have a quick update in the life of Melissa shall we? Over the weekend one of the girls I roomed with in China came up from the New Mexico (there's a new one?!) and we had a pretty dull but entertaining weekend. I felt kinda bad, because I'm a boring person. But I'd like to think that the Arcade Fire concert was worth it. And there's my sly tranision to my next topic. Arcade Fire was ABSOLUTELY and POSITIVELY superb. I ran into my friend Dallin while there and we hung out with him through the night. The picture to your right is our attempt at pre-engagements, pretty snazzy eh? Anyway, the concert most definitely made my top five favorites. Just behind The Format, Fun., Beirut & MGMT. And closely followed by Something Corporate and so on. If you didn't attend or at a complete loss as to what I'm even talking about, check them out . You won't be sorry.

As you can probably tell by earlier posts, I've been hanging out with this human Aren lately (Click name for stalking opportunities). Something funny about us...we've known each other since junior high, but didn't meet until about a month ago. But since we met, we've been basically inseperable. I think there was a two week period of time where we saw each other every day. He's a swell kid, we get along great. Before I hung out with him I was pretty much spiriling into a deep depression from being alone 95% of my time. And since meeting him we've met other swell people as well. Such as this kid, gavin. (Click again for stalking opportunities). And the list goes on. So it's safe to say my life is pretty superb these days, big thanks to them. Two thumbs up for friendship! Spanish Bread?

Anyway, I should get back to studying so that I can be guilt free when I go longboarding with those two humans mentioned above tomorrow. Oh yeah by the way... I'm learning to longboard...I'll update soon. But It'll probably look something like this.

2 comments: